Monday, July 20, 2009

A Story to Tell

Gracious, it has been a long time since I have written here. I have wondered if there was a faithful remnant that had occasionally checked this page and I had imagined that with each passing visit they were met with such consistent disappointment. I wish I could give a good reason for the delay. There are reasons, though none of which I am confident are good.

I am no longer a missionary in the jungles and mountains of South America, and though that is infinitely more romantic than working at a Book Publisher in Wake Forest, North Carolina, I hope that I will always have something to write about. I am now in Wake Forest, North Carolina, where I am pursuing the next season of my life. In the fall I will start school at Southeastern Seminary. Susan is here with me and we are both trying to see the Lord’s will manifested here and now.

The here and now is all we truly have as my good friend, Jack, says, “The present is the only time in which any duty can be done or grace received.” Here and now I am, and here and now I will write. I hope that in whatever context I find myself in I always see life through the context of the Glory of God. He is the Author of Life and He is writing my story. Everyone has a story and every story is worth telling.

This blog has become a way to tell my story and I have appreciated all those who have taken interest. In this chapter of my life I find myself in a season of preparation. I am truly excited about all the possibilities that lie before me but I hope I set my feet on the path to get to there. We are not, however, promised tomorrow so our daily bread must be asked for and eaten so we can work heartily as to God and not to men.

I don’t want to miss this season by staring into the next. “Behold, now is the favorable time; behold, now is the day of salvation.” I want to grow and learn and I realize that growing comes with pain. Every good story has conflict and it is necessary to get to the resolution. I hope to find strength in my conflicts and grace to trust His hand, to be resolved throughout. Sharing my story is a way of keeping me accountable; to always see how God is moving, and how I am moving in Him.

I hope there might be a reader or two out there still interested. If not, that is okay, because I will keep writing. Uncle Hoppy, a British minister during the time of Brother Andrew, used to preach faithfully every Sunday whether there were people or not, to empty chairs. He preached because of the desire borne in Him from God. Christ was His treasure and He shared regardless of the audience. I hope to be as faithful.

2 comments:

Stephen said...

Welcome to central NC, from the Orthodox guy, formerly from Sweetwater Baptist, who posted a comment a long while back about the "passions".

Btw, your Quechua skills may not be exercised up here, but your Spanish ones may yet serve you well.

Graham Michael said...

Do you live in central NC? It would be great to meet you sometime. Email me at vitamago@gmail.com