Monday, May 21, 2007

Top of the Hill

In Exodus 17, Israel faces Amalek. Joshua was chosen to pick the men and be their commander and to fight against the enemy. All the while Moses went to the top of the Hill with the staff of God to intercede on behalf of Joshua and Israel. Whenever, his arms were raised, the Israelites started to overcome the enemy, but when Moses grew tired and lowered his arms, the Israelites began to fall. I believe this to be so true on so many levels. That Joshua did not gain the victory, nor even the Israelites, but only through God. He allowed the victory through the intercession of Moses on top of the hill. I honestly, without a doubt, know that I cannot face the enemy unless I have intercession. Unless I have people on top of the hill. My hope is that you will remember me, so that God can have the victory in whatever He asks me to do. Your prayers are so greatly appreciated and I need them so desperately.

Just some prayer concerns for the next two to three months:

1. Obedience in whatever He asks us to do
2. The Chayahuita in their training and that they will be able to reach their cousin people groups
3. Health and Protection for me and my partner Jeff Hill (Diego on my Fellow Sojourner)
4. Learning Spanish for me and Chayahuita for both Jeff and me
5. Physical, Spiritual, and Emotional endurance through the heat, the bugs, the work, the hunger
6. Being able to adapt to the culture and be sensitive in that way

Thanks for all your prayers. I already feel them giving me more and more grace to do what He has called me to do. I am confident that your prayers will be answered by the end of this brief journey and that I will be able to share with you in each and everyway that He showed Himself faithful.

¨But Moses´ hands grew weary, so they took a stone and put it under him, and he sat on it, while Aaron and Hur held up his hands, one on one side, and the other on the other side. So his hands were steady until the going down of the sun.¨
-Exodus 17:12

5 comments:

The Minstrel said...

Wow Kilo...that really spoke to me broseph. I will lift you up to the Father. And don't worry, I'll give you a big hug after all this is over...After all, you love hugs...lol. just kidding chief...Take care man.

Anonymous said...

You can count on me to be on the top of the hill interceding for you.

love,
mom

Anonymous said...

i am interceding.

brock-a-lock

Anonymous said...

Hey man, I will definitely be praying for you. Even though I'm halfway across the world now, God can still hear me. Whenever you get a chance, check out my blog www.xanga.com/australia_man

-Andrew Gothard

Anonymous said...

Hey man, I heard you were sick a couple of weeks ago. I've been praying for you, and many of my newly made Aussie friends have been praying for you as well. Just wanted you to know that I love you man, and that I am always praying for you.

-Andrew Gothard